Misiones, with its fantastic nature, is one of the favorite destinations for local and international birdwatchers and wildlife lovers.
This area is also known for the cultural heritage, with traditional farming and Jesuits ruins spread all over the provinces.
This tour will allow you to explore Misiones nature, birding at National Parks and private reserves, and to visit traditional “estancias”, Jesuits ruins and the Iguazú Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders.
- Day 1: Arrival at Posadas Airport. Drive to “Estancia Santa Cecilia” a traditional cattle ranch member of the Southern Cone Grassland Alliance (Birdlife International). We will look for grassland specialties at the Estancia and in the afternoon, we will drive to San Ignacio. Night at San Ignacio
- Day 2: After some early morning birding, we will visit the “San Ignacio Miní” Jesuits ruins and learn about the history of this mythic place. Late in the afternoon we will drive to Iguazú. Night at Iguazú.
- Day 3: Full day at the Iguazú National Park. Birding and scenic views of the Falls. In the afternoon, before heading to the hotel, will will visit the famous “Hummingbird Garden” in the town. Night at iguazú.
- Day 4: Very early in the morning we will drive to the Urugua-í Park and spend the rest of the morning birding there. At lunch time, we will go to Andresito town, a rural town which main incoming is the “Yerba Mate” production. Visit to the “Andresito” mate cooperative. After this, we will drive to the Kardaya Birding Lodge and Reserve. Night at the lodge. Owling.
- Day 5: Full day at Karadya Birding Lodge and reserve. Night at the Lodge. Owling.
- Day 6: Back to Iguazú airport. End of the trip.
Transportation: in four-wheel vehicles
Tickets to National Parks, reserves and the Hummingbird Garden
Accommodation: A mix of wildlife lodges when possible and hotels.
Food: full board.
+54 11 1111 1111